How to Improve Your Power Clean Catch Position
This will be the last video in our first power clean series! I'll post some more soon where I critique the technique of some of our athletes so you can see how we break down the form of others and how we teach them to fix their flaws.
Today we're going to go over the catch position.
- Proper setup, first pull, transition, and second pull and are required if you want to bar to land in the right spot
- Bar should "roll right up" onto your shoulders
- Bar shouldn't ever get any higher than even with your collar bones (or it will crash on top of you)
- Elbow should rotate around the bar quickly
- Bar will land on you shoulders, upper arm will be parallel to the ground
- Depending on your mobility in the rack position, you hands may or may not be open with the on your shoulders
- For the power clean you'll land in a perfect quarter front squat
See you tomorrow,